Welcome to the Panels Website.
Here you will be able to:
- Submit online applications for appointment to Legal Aid NSW Panels
- Execute your panel service agreement once approved for appointment to a panel
Before using the site, you should read the Panels Application Website Quick Guide. This guide provides information on the website's features, how to apply, using the correspondence feature and executing an online Service Agreement/Undertaking.
Further information about Legal Aid NSW panels, Applying to a panel, Doing legal aid work, Montoring and compliance, and Support and resources can be viewed in the Panels, monitoring and compliance webpages.
If you have any questions about applying for appointment to a Legal Aid NSW panel or want to provide feedback on using the website please contact the Private Lawyer Quality Standards Unit at email@example.com.
The new Legal AId NSW Law Practice Panels became operation on 1 February 2021. From this date, grants of aid will be made to law practices. You can view more information about the new panel structure on the Legal Aid NSW website.
- Panel memberships will now be held by a law practice, which includes sole practitioners and barristers.
- Only the principal (or nominated principal) of a law practice needs to apply, on behalf of themselves and any legal practitioner within the law practice, to be eligible to undertake legal aid work.
- There will be one single application form for all panels (excluding the Appellate Barrister Panel).
- Grants of legal aid will now be assigned to a panel member law practice and not an individual.
Please follow these steps prior to submitting a panel application form:
- Check that the Grants Online contact details for your law practice are up to date;
- Ensure all legal practitioners that will undertake legal aid work have their own Grants Online registration; and
- Ensure all legal practitioners that undertake legal aid work involving children have a current NSW Working With Children Check (WWCC).
NOTE: If your law practice is already a member of a panel, you are NOT required to submit another panel application.
A Law Practice Panel Member may apply to Legal Aid NSW for approval for another Associate to carry out legal aid work during the term of their Service Agreement. However, an Associate must not commence legal aid work until Legal Aid NSW has provided written approval as per clause 12.2 of the panel Service Agreement.
Can my Law Practice be included on an additional Panel?
Subject to there being an Associate at the Law Practice who meets the Individual Requirements for that panel.
Can I nominate additional Associates to do work on a panel that my Law Practice is a member on?
Subject to the Associate meeting the Individual Requirements for that panel.
How do I update my membership?
The Principal, nominated principal of the Law Practice or barrister (the original applicant) is required to complete the Update Membership Form (docx 77KB). Please forward the form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The update membership request will be assessed and determined within 21 days from the date of receipt. The outcome of the request will be emailed to the original applicant.
If you have any questions, please contact Private Lawyer Quality Standards Unit at email@example.com or on (02) 9219 5662.
To log in, enter your Grants Online username and password and click Log in.
If you are not yet registered for Grants Online, click here to register.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset your Grants Online password here.
For further assistance with registering for Grants Online or regarding your username and password, contact the Legal Aid NSW Service Desk on 9219 5999 or firstname.lastname@example.org